There are a number of traditional Christmas cocktails, but in recent years people have gotten very creative. Some people have created Christmas-themed cocktails from scratch, while others have added Christmas twists to existing drink recipes. This is a collection of… well, whatever struck my fancy as a winter holiday cocktail.
And you might need some Christmas lounge music to go with your cocktails.
- The Chocolate Peppermint Stick uses white creme de cacao and peppermint schnapps to get a mint chocolate flavor. Easy to serve one by one or in premixed pitchers.
- The Christmas Cookie blends the commonly paired Kahlua and Bailey’s with an unexpected shot of peppermint schnapps.
- Had enough of the holidays already? Have a Grinch and feel better.
- The Santa Shot layers peppermint schnapps, grenadine and green creme de menthe for a beautiful little shot of Christmas spirit.
- The Chocolate Raspberry Martini is just what it sounds like. Oh, yes, it is.
- The Red Hot Santa Tini uses chili-pepper infused vodka and a rim that’s cocoa powder mixed with cayenne. Not your typical Christmas fare. Get the peppers for this one here.
- Tired of being a grown up? Get a Snowball down you. A blended, creamy drink featuring tequila and cinnamon. Get the cinnamon sticks here.
- The Red Rudolph is a warm drink that features cinnamon, orange and cranberry flavors and gets topped with whipped cream.
- The Candy Cane blends peppermint schnapps with berry vodka and creme de cacao to make a drink that truly passes for dessert.
- Hot Buttered Rum is a classic, cuddly sort of drink – perfect for small parties and parties of two.
- Mulled Wine is a wintertime classic – red wine with sugar and all sorts of spices.
- Eggnog is a tradition for a reason. It tastes great with or without alcohol, which makes it perfect for gatherings that include drinkers and non-drinkers.
It’s not exactly “cocktails” and certainly not traditional, but you can make Skittles Vodka, Jolly Rancher Vodka or Vodka Gummi Bears in red and green. Or you can make the delicious and extremely simple Candy Cane Infused Vodka:
And if you or and of your guests aren’t drinking, check out our collection of mocktails and non-alcoholic cocktails.