There are a number of traditional Christmas cocktails, but in recent years people have gotten very creative. Some people have created Christmas cocktails from scratch, while others have added Christmas twists to existing drink recipes.
This is a collection of… well, whatever struck my fancy as a winter holiday cocktail. Most of them are Christmas-themed, some are classics – you get the picture.
If you’re planning a holiday party, you might need some Christmas lounge music to go with your cocktails. Maybe some hanging 3D snowflake garlands to decorate your space. Or how about some Christmas Bingo to keep everybody entertained?
2. The Christmas Cookie blends the commonly paired Kahlua and Baileys with an unexpected shot of peppermint schnapps.
3. Had enough of the holidays already? Have a Grinch and feel better.
Layering cocktails is easier than you think – check out my video tutorial!
5. The Chocolate Raspberry Martini is just what it sounds like. Oh, yes, it is.
8. The Red Rudolph is a warm drink that features cinnamon, orange and cranberry flavors and gets topped with whipped cream.
9. The Candy Cane blends peppermint schnapps with berry vodka and creme de cacao to make a drink that truly passes for dessert.
10. Hot Buttered Rum is a classic, cuddly sort of drink – perfect for small parties and parties of two.
11. Mulled Wine is a wintertime classic – red wine with sugar and all sorts of spices.
12. Eggnog is a tradition for a reason. It tastes great with or without alcohol, which makes it perfect for gatherings that include drinkers and non-drinkers.
It’s not exactly “cocktails” and certainly not traditional, but you can make Skittles Vodka, Jolly Rancher Vodka or Vodka Gummy Bears in red and green. Or you can make the delicious and extremely simple Candy Cane Infused Vodka:
And if you or and of your guests aren’t drinking, check out our collection of mocktails and non-alcoholic cocktails.