This is a stealth cocktail. It doesn’t taste nearly as strong as it is, so it can sneak up on you and whack you out before you know it. (Whack you out? Is that even a thing?)
I’ll give you the same advice I gave you with the Long Island Iced Tea: if you don’t want to get smashed on this drink, just pick your favorite of the white liquors and put one and a half ounces of that into your drink. That gives you a more or less standard drink – with the half ounce of triple sec adding a little more proof to the drink. And it won’t change the flavor enough to notice or mind.
Speaking of triple sec, that’s all you have for a sweetener in this drink. Well, that plus whatever sweetness is in the cranberry juice blend you use. If you find the drink too tart, go ahead and add a little simple syrup.
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- Fill with cranberry juice
- Put everything but the cranberry juice into a shaker half filled with ice.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Pour the mixture - ice and all - into a tall glass.
- Fill it the rest of the way with cranberry juice.
- Garnish with seasonal fruit.