There’s nothing else quite like the sweet coffee flavor of Kahlua. This collection of Kahlua drinks shows off the range and versatility of this delicious liqueur. So we’ve got frozen drinks, shots, doubles and more.
Before we dive into the recipes, let me make a few food suggestions to go with these luscious drinks. If you’re serving drinks with snacks, Turkish roasted hazelnuts. They have a hint of sweetness that’s just perfect. Or if you prefer something more salty, try CeeGees’s Gourmet Food Nuts Gift Basket, featuring roasted salted almonds, toffee peanuts and more. The smokiness of prosciutto goes surprisingly well with Kahlua drinks. And Parmesan Crisps are fantastic with pretty much anything.
Blended Kahlua Drinks
- Kahlua Cookie. This is a blended cocktail featuring vanilla ice cream, chocolate chip cookies and Kahlua.
- Snowball. This gorgeous blended drink features 1921 Tequila Cream Liqueur. Pictured here served in a gold-rimmed wine glass.
- Hazel’s Wonder. It’s a blended drink with ground hazelnuts. No, seriously.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes. Similar to the Kahlua cookie, but with coffee ice cream instead of vanilla and a few other delicious changes.
- Butterscotch Mudslide Shake. Another milkshake style drink, this one featuring butterscotch schnapps.
- Baileys & Kahlua Iced Coffee Shake. This one has been known to appeal to people who don’t even like Kahlua. Maybe it’s the touch of Kahlua hazelnut that does the trick.
- Grown-up Chocolate Milkshake. (Scroll down a little on the page.) This terrific sweet treat for adults features Fluff Vodka.
- Crown Royal Maple Mudslide. Another ice cream based cocktail, this one adds the maple flavor of Crown Royal Maple.
- T52 Shooter. An offshoot of the B-52 featuring Tequila Rose strawberry cream liqueur.
- B-52. Another old classic, this beautiful layered shot features the orange flavor of Grand Marnier along with Kahlua and Bailey’s.
- Quick Fox. Midori might not be your first thought for a Kahlua drink, but you might be surprised. (I’ve had queries about these cordial glasses – they’re no longer being made, but you can still get them on Ebay. Or get these very similar, maybe even better ones, on Amazon.)
- Indian Summer. This is a good strong shot featuring amaretto.
- Ground Zero. This strong shot features the unusual combination of bourbon whiskey and peppermint schnapps along with the Kahlua.
- Espresso Martini. With a shot of espresso, this one is guaranteed to wake you up.
- White Russian. A simple classic that never gets old.
- Coco Butter. Another cocktail combining Kahlua and butterscotch schnapps, but this time without the ice cream.
- Dark Russian Kahlua Cocktail. This twist on the classic Black Russian features chocolate milk.
- Toasted Almond. This old classic is the perfect, creamy nightcap.
- Buttered Toffee. This one blends Kahlua, amaretto, Bailey’s and more to create a wonderful toffee flavor.
- Kahlua Hot Chocolate. Super simple, but super delicious. This one blends hot cocoa with Kahlua.
- Black Russian. Another old classic but never gets old, this is basically the White Russian without cream.
- Long Black Russian. And this delicious drink is the Black Russian with the addition of Coca-Cola for a nice long sip.
- Avalanche. If you think White Russians are boring, this drink swaps out the vodka for Crown Royal.
Enjoy your Kahlua drinks! Be sure to have one on us.