If you’re wasting away in Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Perfect Margarita is just the drink you need. It’s the standard margarita recipe, but with the very best ingredients.
The Jimmy Buffett margarita recipe blends gold and white tequilas with triple sec, curacao and Rose’s lime juice. The resulting flavor is the same as a traditional margarita, except better. It’s just a particularly good combination of specific brand ingredients.
This will be one of the best margaritas you’ve ever tasted. That’s the whole idea of it, actually. Just to take the typical margarita recipe to a whole new level.
Part of what’s great about this cocktail is how it inspires you to think about the margarita. It makes you break down the recipe in your mind, and really start thinking about what makes a perfect margarita.
Take, for example, the use of both Rose’s Lime Juice and fresh squeezed lime. Rose’s adds just a little touch of sweetness, and that’s part of what’s considered “perfect” about the recipe.
This is definitely one margarita recipe you’ve got to try. It will probably become your go-to margarita recipe. Or it may inspire you to tweak and try different things to see if you can create an even more perfect margarita.
If you enjoy margarita recipes, be sure to check out the list of 49 different margarita recipes and try a new recipe every day for more than a month!
Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Perfect Margarita Recipe
- 2 ounces gold tequila (Cuervo 1800)
- 1/2 ounce tequila (Cuervo white)
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (Bols)
- 1 splash orange Curacao (Bols)
- 1 1/4 ounces Rose's Lime Juice
- Crushed ice
- Juice of 3 lime wedges
- Fill a shaker with ice and add everything but the lime wedges.
- Squeeze in the juice from 2 of the lime wedges and shake very well until beads form on the outside of the shaker.
- Rim only the outside edge of the margarita glass with lime and twist it around in a saucer of coarse salt (see my page on how to rim a cocktail glass).
- Fill the glass about halfway with crushed ice and strain the mixture into it.
- Squeeze the last lime wedge on top and drop it in.