Sometimes you just want a cocktail that combines alcohol with nostalgic childhood treats. This collection of candy drinks – and also drinks that mimic popular soft drinks – should help you scratch that itch.
2. Nilla Wafer Martini: vanilla with hints of almond.
3. Junior Mint: with this delicious chocolate mint shot, you don’t really need a mint garnish.
7. Crispy Crunch: designed to taste like a chocolate and peanut butter bar from Cadbury, which was – as far as I know – only available in Europe. If you like this one, check out our collection of Kahlua drink recipes.
8. Red Hot Shots: remember those little delicious cinnamon candies from childhood? Imagine a tequila/schnapps combination that tastes almost exactly like them.
9. Marshmallow Infused Vodka: infuse some vodka with marshmallows, and you get liquid marshmallows with a kick.
10. Vodka Gummy Bears: vodka infused gummy bears make great party nibbles.
Or see how to make them in a 1-minute video!11. Rum ‘n’ Coke Gummies: even better than the bears; the gummies taste like cola, then you soak them in rum, and voilà!
12. Vanilla Creamsicle: remember Dreamsicles, those orange and vanilla flavored popsicles? Imagine taking that flavor and adding a burst of white creme de cacao – delicious! Because of the milk content, you could almost claim this as a health drink.
13. Captain Creamsicle: this variation on the Dreamsicle theme puts vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet in a blender with Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum.
Cocktails that taste like soft drinks
14. Flaming Dr. Pepper: you set this drink on fire, which always entertains. Just remember to stop making them once you’re too far gone to put the flames out safely, okay?
15. Mountain Dew: this little cocktail features vodka, Midori, 7-Up (I know, right?) and either draft beer or more vodka, if you prefer. Draft beer certainly makes it look more like a Mountain Dew soda.