Because it’s Monday, and even good Mondays can be kind of blue, the timing is perfect to feature the Blue Monday cocktail.
This is one of those really simple cocktail recipes that even beginners can put together perfectly. That’s important when it’s Monday and/or you’re blue!
The last thing you want is a pick me up that makes you feel inept before you even get to taste it.
It’s also got a very simple flavor (orange) that tends to agree with everyone. This is an ideal cocktail for pre-mixing in big batches.
You can jazz this one up by using a flavored vodka, so long as the vodka is clear in color (most brands are). Vanilla would be a fascinating choice.
Citrus or orange would intensify the other orange flavors. Or you could make some Skittles Vodka for this, using Pineapple Passion Fruit Skittles from the Tropical bag (they’re blue).
This is one of those simple cocktail recipes that even beginners can put together perfectly. The flavor here is a refreshing orange.
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1/4 ounce Blue Curacao
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in all ingredients.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- You can garnish it with an orange wheel or peel for color contrast, and to signal visually that the flavor of the drink will mainly be orange.