Everybody’s a non-drinker sometimes. Whether you’re the designated driver, pregnant, dieting or just not a drinker at all, you can still enjoy delicious and gorgeous mocktails and non-alcoholic cocktails.
I’ve put together this list of mocktails, non-alcoholic mixed drinks and traditional cocktails that taste just as good with or without the alcohol. This list also helps hosts and hostesses provide their non-drinking guests with beverages that look and taste just as fun as alcohol-based cocktails. And if this list isn’t enough for you, maybe you need a book full of 100 Zero Proof Cocktails.
You can also spruce up mocktails by serving them beautifully.
- I’m crazy about these fringe cocktail umbrellas, which you can see in the first picture below. They have such a unique, tropical look compared to most of the others.
- Invest in a gorgeous set of glasses just for the non-drinkers, like these beautiful handmade Stained Glass Cocktail Glasses where no two are alike. Or these Golden Dot Crackle Glasses or Jubilance Painted Martini Glasses.
- Temporarily personalize your guests’ glasses with these beautiful, washable wine glass markers.
- Decorate glasses with these cute, funny Social Climber wine charms, which look like animals climbing up your glass.
Now for the recipes!
- Cuddles on the Beach. Three alternative recipes for a non-alcoholic version of Sex on the Beach.
- Mockmosa. A surprising alternative to the Mimosa, due to using sparkling white grape juice instead of sparkling apple cider.
- Nojito. A Mojito with all the flavor, but none of the rum.
- Hurricane Mocktail. This fruity cocktail tastes like the original Hurricane.
- Virgin Mary. Basically a Bloody Mary without the vodka, but with a really flavorful, savory recipe for the tomato base.
- Bella Bellini. The Bellini, but with sparkling white grape juice instead of champagne, and a couple of other tweaks.
Non-alcoholic cocktails and punches
- Blue Shoe. A MixThatDrink original featuring blue fruit punch and cranberry juice, because non-drinkers shouldn’t have to miss out on the fun of a blue, bubbly cocktail.
- Cherry Coketail. Coca Cola with cherry, vanilla and lime. Beats a Jack and Coke anytime.
- Gabbie’s Punch. This lightly sweet tropical fruit, ginger ale and lemonade punch goes down great at parties.
- Tomato Lassi. A yogurt and tomato based savory drink. Imagine a creamy tomato soup with a little bit of tang from the yogurt, and you get the idea.
- Cranberry Coke. This tasty soft drink blends the flavor of cranberry with cola to make a delicious, refreshing drink that’s perfect for summertime.
- Coconut Lavender Lemonade. This periwinkle-blue drink features coconut water, lemon juice and a lavender syrup you make yourself.
- Limeade Punch. So easy to make. Frozen limeade concentrate, Sprite, with frozen raspberries and sliced limes.
- Strawberry Mango Mocktail Recipe. A beautiful layered mango and strawberry drink.
- Watermelon Cooler. Watermelon juice, mint and sparkling water.
- Milk and Cookies Cocktail. Great for kids or adults with a sweet tooth.
- Thai Iced Tea. A Thai classic with tea and cream or coconut milk. This recipe also shows you how to pour it so you get a gorgeous layered effect.
- Ginger Cinnamon Apple Cider Fake ‘Tini. Has all the flavors in the name.
- Cranberry-Citrus Mocktail with Mint. Cranberry, orange lime, mint and sparkling water.
- Hot Buttered Spiced Cider. Apple cider with orange, lemon, spices and butter, served hot. Great soother for wintertime.
- Chocolate Mock-tini. Perfect for Christmastime, but great all year round. Chocolate milk and mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- Blackberry Vanilla Mocktail. Blackberry, vanilla, lemon, honey and bubbles. Tasty, lightly sweet, with a lovely contrast between the tart blackberry and the mild vanilla.
Just leave/swap out the alcohol
Some popular drink recipes taste just great without the alcohol, or just need a single ingredient swap to be non-alcoholic.
- Sea Breeze. This classic combines vodka with cranberry and grapefruit juice, so it has all the flavor with none of the vodka.
- Raspberry-Lime Rickey. Just drop the raspberry vodka and maybe add a touch more raspberry syrup.
- Luscious Lou. Drop the orange vodka and Cointreau, and increase the orange juice.
- Piña Colada. You probably already know a Piña Colada tastes as good without the alcohol as it does with. Just leave out the rum, and you’re good to go.
- Strawberry-Banana Margarita. Tastes wonderful without the tequila and triple sec. But you can replace the triple sec with orange juice if you like.
- Poinsettia. Just replace the champagne with dry sparkling white grape juice or ginger ale, and the Cointreau with a touch of orange juice.