Everybody’s a non-drinker sometimes. Whether you’re the designated driver, pregnant, dieting or just not a drinker at all, you can still enjoy delicious and gorgeous mocktails and non-alcoholic cocktails.
I’ve put together this list of mocktails, non-alcoholic mixed drinks, and traditional cocktails that taste just as good with or without the alcohol.
This list also helps hosts and hostesses provide their non-drinking guests with beverages that look and taste just as fun as alcohol-based cocktails.
And if this list isn’t enough for you, maybe you need a book full of 100 Zero Proof Cocktails.
You can also spruce up mocktails by serving them beautifully.
- I’m crazy about these fringe cocktail umbrellas, which you can see in the first picture below. They have such a unique, tropical look compared to most of the others.
- Invest in a gorgeous set of glasses just for the non-drinkers, like these beautiful handmade Stained Glass Cocktail Glasses where no two are alike.
- Temporarily personalize your guests’ glasses with these beautiful, washable wine glass markers.
- Decorate glasses with these cute, funny Social Climber wine charms, which look like animals climbing up your glass.
Now for the recipes!
Non-alcoholic cocktails and punches
9. Gabbie’s Punch. This lightly sweet tropical fruit, ginger ale and lemonade punch goes down great at parties.
10. Tomato Lassi. A yogurt and tomato based savory drink. Imagine a creamy tomato soup with a little bit of tang from the yogurt, and you get the idea.
11. Cranberry Coke. This tasty soft drink blends the flavor of cranberry with cola to make a delicious, refreshing drink that’s perfect for summertime.
12. Coconut Lavender Lemonade. This periwinkle-blue drink features coconut water, lemon juice and a lavender syrup you make yourself.
13. Limeade Punch. So easy to make. Frozen limeade concentrate, Sprite, with frozen raspberries and sliced limes.
14. Strawberry Mango Mocktail Recipe. A beautiful layered mango and strawberry drink.
15. Watermelon Cooler. Watermelon juice, mint and sparkling water.
16. Milk and Cookies Cocktail. Great for kids or adults with a sweet tooth.
17. Thai Iced Tea. A Thai classic with tea and cream or coconut milk. This recipe also shows you how to pour it so you get a gorgeous layered effect.
18. Ginger Cinnamon Apple Cider Fake ‘Tini. Has all the flavors in the name.
19. Cranberry-Citrus Mocktail with Mint. Cranberry, orange lime, mint and sparkling water.
21. Chocolate Mock-tini. Perfect for Christmastime, but great all year round. Chocolate milk and mint chocolate chip ice cream.
22. Blackberry Vanilla Mocktail. Blackberry, vanilla, lemon, honey and bubbles. Tasty, lightly sweet, with a lovely contrast between the tart blackberry and the mild vanilla.
Just leave/swap out the alcohol
Some popular drink recipes taste just great without the alcohol, or just need a single ingredient swap to be non-alcoholic.
23. Sea Breeze. This classic combines vodka with cranberry and grapefruit juice, so it has all the flavor with none of the vodka.
24. Raspberry-Lime Rickey. Just drop the raspberry vodka and maybe add a touch more raspberry syrup.
25. Luscious Lou. Drop the orange vodka and Cointreau, and increase the orange juice.
26. Piña Colada. You probably already know a Piña Colada tastes as good without the alcohol as it does with. Just leave out the rum, and you’re good to go.
27. Strawberry-Banana Margarita. Tastes wonderful without the tequila and triple sec. But you can replace the triple sec with orange juice if you like.
28. Poinsettia. Just replace the champagne with dry sparkling white grape juice or ginger ale, and the Cointreau with a touch of orange juice.