What do you look for in Valentine’s Day cocktails? All that really matters is that the person drinking it likes it. But a romantic name or a red, pink or even violet color can add novelty to your cocktail. So can rich, delicious flavors like coffee and chocolate.
Looking for some Valentine’s Day Lounge music? Check out the St. Valentine Lounge – Chillout compilation.
Valentine’s Day Cocktails Recipes
1. Romance is a candy ‘tini with Kahlua, Baileys, Creme de Cacao and cream. Garnish it with shaved chocolate and pay attention to presentation, and this one gets a big “wow!”
2. The Chocolate Cherry Cha Cha uses cherry liqueur and sparkling water with chocolate vodka and coconut rum to reproduce the flavor of a chocolate covered cherry. Plus, it’s a gorgeous bright red.
3. The Soft Love is a reddish-pink cordial that tastes like banana and cherry. Perfect before dinner.
5. The Creamy Chocolate Raspberry tastes just like it sounds, with a red sugar rim to make it festive.
6. The Kiss on the Lips is a blended peach, mango and berry cocktail served on Carnival Cruise lines.
7. The Lady Killer certainly deserves a place among Valentine’s Day cocktails. Sweet and fruity.
8. The Love Bite is a shooter – cherry, orange and cream.
Think you can’t pour a layered cocktail? There’s a video at the bottom of this post to show you how easy it is.
9. The Vesper is James Bond’s signature cocktail in Casino Royale, not the famous “shaken, not stirred” vodka martini. It’s named for the woman who broke his heart.
10. The Pink Lady is another old classic featuring applejack and egg.
11. The Hanky Panky is an old classic with an orange-spice-mint taste that’s hard to pin down, but addictive.
13. The English Rose is bright red and rimmed with sugar – ideally, gold sugar.
14. It may be blue, but with a name like Sex in the Driveway, this drink just kind of fits the holiday.
16. The Phoebe Snow is an old classic that uses Dubonnet, cognac and just a touch of absinthe. Just explaining it sounds frightfully romantic!
17. The Tiatip is a gorgeous black and white layered shooter featuring Tia Maria and Baileys. Because it’s just two layers, it’s very easy to pour and looks fantastic. Tastes even better.
18. The Scarlet O’Hara, on the other hand, has a name that calls to mind romance. And Southern Comfort. Not a bad combination.
19. For a very refreshing Valentine cocktail, the Ruby Red features grapefruit juice and grapefruit vodka along with Campari and soda.
20. The Betsie Temple is another fun pink-orange drink… with a surprising amount of rum.
21. The Monopoly Cocktail is a fascinating blend of blackcurrant, cranberry and strawberry, and makes a cute pun if you serve it to someone who has a “monopoly” on your heart.
23. It’s neither sweet nor pink, but the mythology behind absinthe makes the Green Fairy a fine choice for a valentine.
24. Strawberry Sunrise is a beautiful red strawberry-liqueur cocktail, and that makes it sweet enough to replace dessert.
25. The Strawberry Blonde has a couple of variations: pick the champagne one for Valentine’s Day.
See how easy it is to layer a cocktail:
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day!