There are a couple of variations on the Strawberry Blonde. The most common is basically an alcoholic Cherry Coke with cream. The other version is basically a strawberry champagne – which actually sounds more “strawberry blonde” than the recipe that uses cola, but it’s all good! The cola version is mildly sweet with a moderate alcohol kick, while the champagne version is considerably sweeter and much less strong.
Recipe with Cola
- 1 ounce Vodka
- 2 ounces cherry brandy
- Fill with cola
- Add a dash of cream
Mix the ingredients in a, stir gently and serve. Or you can shake it up with ice and strain into the glass, if you prefer. Garnish with a strawberry or sprig of mint.
Recipe with Champagne
- 2 ounces champagne
- 2 ounces Stoli Strasberi vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounces strawberry daiquiri mix
Pour the ingredients into afilled with ice, and shake gently to mix. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a strawberry.
Whichever recipe you use, this is definitely a drink to be accompanied by salty and/or smoky snacks.
- Smoked almonds make a perfect contrast to the light sweetness of this drink.
- Smoked cheeses and meat cold cuts also go well – try smoked gouda, smoked mozarella, and anything involving applewood bacon.
- Salty cheese are also great – try asiago, Roquefort, or feta.
- If you want something more substantial, order a White Pizza from California Pizza Kitchen, or make your own. They use Mozzarella, Fontina, Ricotta, Parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses, plus sauteed garlic and spinach… and smoked applewood bacon. That’s a wonderful combination of flavors to contrast with the Strawberry Blonde.